NSW Police Workers Compensation

Expert Workers Compensation Lawyers for Police Officers Working Across New South Wales

Burke Mead Lawyers are expert compensation lawyers, experienced in workers compensation claims for employees of the NSW police force. Our team understands the intricacies of personal injury law and mediation, assisting clients with a range of legal services and professional advice.

Our services are delivered by a team of professional law experts, whose experience with compensation claims, regarding physical or psychological injury, can assist our clients to resolve personal injury matters quickly.

If you’re an injured police officer and believe you may be entitled to make a workers compensation claim, you should seek legal advice as soon as possible – contact Burke Mead Lawyers to book a consultation.

The Benefits of Working with NSW Police Workers Compensation Lawyers

Seeking legal representation in a legal matter where you are looking to claim compensation is the best course of action you can take – whether the injury suffered was physical or you are suffering psychological injuries, such as post-traumatic stress disorder.

Our experienced lawyers specialise in resolving disputes regarding injured police officers through mediation and negotiation, and Burke Mead Lawyers are one of the leading personal injury law firms in Newcastle, the Central Coast, and the Hunter Region.

There are numerous benefits to working with experienced workers compensation lawyers. As personal injury law specialists, we work with you to manage the dispute process and help you navigate this extremely difficult time. This can become especially critical if the dispute is complicated or impacted by other factors. We can provide guidance on the steps you need to take to receive the proper compensation you deserve.

We take a collaborative approach to understand your needs and our objective is focused on securing the best possible outcome for you and your future.


Get in touch with our Personal Injury Compensation team

NSW Police Workers Compensation Lawyers FAQs

Police officers and members of the NSW Police Force have employee injury rights available to them under NSW Workers Compensation Legislation. Employees of the NSW police force can claim compensation for any injury sustained during the course of their employment.

If you are a police officer or member of the force and have any questions about how the NSW Workers Compensation Act may affect you, contact a legal professional at Burke Mead Lawyers.

Injured police officers can claim a variety of physical and psychological injuries. Some of the more common injury claims include:

  • Post-traumatic stress disorder
  • Injuries related to assault
  • Car accidents on the job

The State Insurance Regulatory Authority, also known as SIRA, is the NSW Government agency responsible for regulating the NSW workers compensation system. There are three types of insurers in the NSW workers compensation system:

  • icare
  • self-insurers
  • specialised insurers

Income protection payments are personally owned and funded income protection and generally considered compensation, except when:

  • the payments are not reduced by any amount of Centrelink payment being received.
  • income protection benefits are from superannuation.

A claim can take a considerable amount of time to resolve and depends on a myriad of factors, such as the complexity of the incident, the nature of the injury sustained, and what future treatment expenses may be needed, among others. The more complex or involved the case, the longer it can take. However, in most cases, the dispute is finalised within two years of engaging a legal professional.

Our Personal Injury Lawyers

Managing Director

Public Notary Specialist Accredited in Personal Injury Law

Senior Associate

Personal Injury Law

Senior Associate

Personal Injury Law


Personal Injury Law

Gabrielle Croese


Personal Injury Law

More about Police Workers Compensation


Get in touch with our Personal Injury Compensation team


Personal injury laws differ from state to state, if you are not in NSW, please contact your relevant state Law society for further assistance.