Public Notary Newcastle
Professional Notary Services from an Experienced Notary Public
Burke Mead Lawyers’ Managing Director, Emma Mead, is a nationally accredited Notary Public based in Newcastle who can provide notary services to assist people with their international legal documentation needs.
Our team of legal experts are experienced in family law and family dispute resolution, personal injury law, and mediation (Mead is also a Nationally Accredited Mediator with LEADR – The Resolution Institute).
What is a Notary Public?
A Notary Public (sometimes called a public notary), is a lawyer who is able to notarise documents for legal purposes.
According to the Society of Notaries of New South Wales, notaries can be appointed by the Supreme Court (pursuant to the Public Notaries Act 1997 (NSW) and the Public Notaries Appointment Rules 1998) and entered on the Roll of Public Notaries if the following criteria have been met:
- Practised as a lawyer for at least 5 years and hold a current Australian practising certificate
- Complete the prescribed Notarial Practice Course
- Apply through the Legal Profession Admission Board
Once appointed, the Notary is permitted to practice anywhere within the state of NSW.
The role of a Notary is similar to that of a Justice of the Peace, except a Notary is also able to authenticate documents intended for overseas use. In some legal cases, a court may decide that documents should be properly notarised to be legally binding – this could include affidavits, deeds, or will-related contracts.
GET HELP NOW WITH YOUR NOTARY NEEDS
Get in touch with our notary public team
Notarial Services in Newcastle
BurkeMead provides a range of notarial services, including:
- Authenticating official, Government, and personal documents (or certified true copies of documents) for international transactions or overseas use
- Witnessing signatures of individuals to documents and authenticating identity documents
- Witnessing Power of Attorney signatures for domestic and overseas use;
- Witnessing documents (such as bank statements) for corporations and businesses; authenticating status and transactions
- Dealing with documentation for land, property, and deceased estates overseas
If you require assistance, we can help! Emma Mead is a Notary Public and is available Monday to Friday by appointment. She works with clients across Newcastle, Central Coast, Maitland Hunter, and Mid North Coast.
Please phone our office on 02 4902 3800 to confirm her availability.
Terms and conditions can be provided on request.
Our Notary Team
GET HELP NOW
Get in touch with Emma Mead for Notary assistance