If you have been involved in a road accident, you may be eligible for compensation for a range of items including medical expenses and weekly payments due to a loss of income. However, we understand that this can be a daunting and complicated process, which is where we can help. This post should offer a very brief overview of this area, if you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Who can claim?

You may be able to make a claim for injuries sustained if you were involved in a motor vehicle accident. It is important to realise that you may be able to claim even if you are not the driver of the vehicle. You may be eligible for compensation irrespective of whether you were a driver passenger, pedestrian, motorcycle or bicycle rider.

What can I claim?

Some items that you may be able to claim include; out-of-pocket expenses (including medical expenses & rehabilitation), damages (loss of future income & future required assistance payments. What you can claim varies from case-to-case so it is important that our team are provided with all the information in order to assist you in achieving the best outcome.

Importantly, you may potentially be entitled to make a claim through both workers compensation and CTP insurance if the accident occurred in the process of completing duties related to your employment.


In terms of how to apply, a number of forms must be filled out depending on what you intend to claim and sent to the relevant insurer. It is important to note that in order to claim for benefits under Compulsory Third-Party Insurance (CTP) the insurer must be notified within 28 days of the accident.