My aim is to repay my client’s trust with a result that they are happy with.
“In my first lecture at law school it was made clear to me that, as a Lawyer, people in the community would be placing an increased level of trust in me to priorities their problems and handle them with diligence and care. That philosophy has stuck with me.
Whether these problems have arisen from a one off mistake or, whether deeper, more complicated circumstances exist, I will listen.
One of the most enjoyable aspects of my job is being able to repay a client’s unwavering trust with a result that protects them. I believe strongly in fighting hard for my clients’ rights and vigorously protecting their interests.
My clients can rest easy knowing that I won’t.”
– James Janke.
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Law
- Family Law
- Commissions of Inquiry (Appeared in the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse)
Professional Qualifications & Admissions
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia
- Legal Aid General Criminal Law Panel
- Legal Aid Family Law Panel
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Domestic Violence Duty Panel
- Lecturer, Traffic Offenders Intervention Program
Memberships & Associations
- Law Society of NSW
- Newcastle Law Association
- Wanderers Rugby Club (Tribunal Advocate)
- Newcastle Golf Club
- Hunter Junior AFL Tribunal Panel member
- PIAC Homeless Person’s Legal Service (HPLS)
- Hunter Valley Family Law Practitioners Association
A Royal Commission is a fancy term for a big public investigation. The commission has considerable powers, generally greater than those of a judge but they do not have legal force. So what’s the point of them? Well, plenty. Royal Commissions are not just passive...
CURRENT CHANGES IN PLACE CONTINUED … The Unpaid Contribution Test The purpose of the test is to both enforce and encourage legally aided persons to pay their “contributions” which is a condition of the grant of legal aid and is based on a person’s income and assets at...
At Burke and Mead Lawyers, many of our Crime and Family Law clients are assisted by Legal Aid NSW. With recent changes now in place regarding the eligibility threshold for grants of aid, it is important both our current and future clients who are considering an...